Immigration Legal Services
A program in partnership with Catholic Charities of Oregon
Affordable Access to Quality Legal Services for the Lane County Immigrant Community
The new Immigration Legal Services Program started in the Summer of 2017.
Springfield Community Service Center,
1025 G Street
Springfield, OR 97477
Contact Us if you'd like to:
- Learn more about our program
- Schedule an intake appointment
- Arrange an educational presentation
We do not provide legal defense of persons who have been detained and are in removal proceedings.
Lise Colgan, Intake & Outreach Specialist
541-345-3628 EXT. 303
FAX: (541) 744-2272
Types of Cases We Accept
We accept clients who seek to change their immigration status based on any of the following:
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA): ELIGIBLE RENEWALS ONLY
- Family-based petitions, including consular processing
- Victims of certain types of violence or abuse
- Victims of sex or labor trafficking
PLEASE NOTE: This is a general overview of the types of cases accepted and is not a guarantee of representation in a given case. Due to staffing limitations, we are unable to accept all eligible cases.
Do you Qualify?
- Household Income not exceeding 200% of Federal Poverty Level
- Lane County Resident(s)
- Not currently represented by other immigration legal counsel
How it Works
Initial interviews are conducted by phone, then screened by legal staff in Portland. If your case is accepted for an initial consult, we can set up a video conference with an immigration attorney or licensed legal representative at our Springfield office; or you can call from home if you prefer. Some accommodations may be available for persons with physical disabilities or transportation barriers.All services are offered at a substantially discounted rate in both Spanish and English.
Community Education and Outreach
We also offer FREE educational presentations on various topics of interest to immigrant families and to those who provide them with support, education or services.
- "IMMIGRATION 101" – A helpful overview of the types of immigration relief we offer.
- "IMMIGRATION RELIEF FOR VICTIMS OF VIOLENCE OR ABUSE" – How victims of serious crime or domestic violence can turn tragedy into opportunity.
- "HERE TO HELP" – Familiarize yourself with all of the many services Catholic Community Services of Lane County offers, including immigration legal assistance.