Volunteer with the Refugee Program
The Refugee Resettlement Coalition of Lane County is primarily made up of volunteers. We could not do what we do without the many people who have shared their time and knowledge. Thank you for considering joining this important community effort.
Since the new administration’s efforts to restrict refugees entering our country, we have been in the process of evaluating our program. While we do not yet know the final outcome, we have made a decision to refocus our work at this time. We will, of course, continue to support the few refugees who were able to resettle in Lane County prior to the new administration taking office. Beyond that, our work in the coming months will primarily involve advocacy and community education.
Current volunteer needs are:
- Join the Advocacy Team. The Advocacy team helps members of the RRCLC voice their support for refugees by identifying opportunities to advocate for refugees at the local and national levels.
- Join the Community Education Team. The Community Education team helps increase knowledge and understanding in our community of issues related to refugees, refugee resettlement, and the global refugee crisis.
- Help us Plan World Refugee Day, which is June 20, 2017. World Refugee Day is celebrated around the world as a community event for fun, advocacy and education. This event will be a great opportunity to communicate our goals and issues to the wider community. Interested in helping? Please contact Kathy MacArthur at email@example.com.
- Join the Fundraising Team. The fundraising team works to raise funds to support the project through donations, events and grants.
- Be an Interpreter. Arabic, Farsi and Kurdish speakers are needed to interpret for refugees.
- Be a Translator. Volunteers are needed to translate documents into Arabic, Farsi and Kurdish.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out our brief online application (click here to go to the form).
Please understand that, due to the nature of their work, some of our teams will be dormant for the time being, while other teams may have a limited need for new volunteers. Once you complete the application, your name will be passed on to the team leaders in the areas in which you express interest. However, you may not hear from them unless a need arises for more volunteers in their area. Your information will remain in our database and should the situation change, we will be in touch with you.
The best way to stay up-to-date with what's happening with the Refugee Resettlement Coalition of Lane County is to get on our email list, which you can do by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org